Few job seekers think about getting in touch with IT staffing services right away. For whatever reason, they just don’t think it makes much sense to sign up with such agencies. Of course, there are also countless misconceptions surrounding IT staffing firms. Keep reading as we take a closer look at some of these.
- IT placement agencies only provide temporary work – This is completely inaccurate. At Sullivan and Cogliano, we offer flexible staffing options. If you’re in need of short-term employment, we will do our due diligence to find a position that best aligns with your needs and talent. Would you be interested in contract-to-hire positions? In such a role, your overall performance during the contract period ultimately determines whether the company decides to bring you on full time. Of course, what makes us one of the top IT staffing firms in the industry is that we offer direct placement positions. If you’re tired of bouncing from one gig to the next and crave more stability in your career, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sullivan and Cogliano.
- Contractor jobs available through IT staffing services fail to offer benefits – This is only partly true. Today, more companies are leveraging IT recruitment to not only gain access to top talent but also adjust their workforce based on the cyclical needs of the business. Keep in mind that a good chunk of firms are starting to offer medical, dental, holiday pay, and other benefits similar to full-time employees.
- IT staffing firms only work with entry-level professionals – As a seasoned veteran in the IT industry, maybe you tend to shy away from using staffing groups. Here at Sullivan and Cogliano, we do things differently. First, we actually take the time to understand your skills and career desires. From there, we can match you with an opportunity that best suits your goals. Unlike competitors, we never use a “cookie-cutter approach.” You can feel comfortable knowing that we have years of IT recruitment experience in everything from infrastructure and network to application and integration.
- It’s best to go through companies directly for IT employment opportunities – Not necessarily. Job seekers often forget the challenges that come with this. For example, hiring managers become busy with other projects and your interview gets put on hold. At Sullivan and Cogliano, we constantly have contractor opportunities that are readily available so you don’t have to play the waiting game.
- I’m better off just finding an IT job on my own – Nothing quite compares to our Right Hire Solution™. The staffing process allows us to assess a project manager’s needs, find the right talent, and back it up with unmatched relationship management. Our job is to get technology managers the right person with the right productivity in three business days or less. So if you’re the right person for the job, it makes all the sense in the world to reach out to us.
See what our technology staffing firm can do for you. Contact us today for your IT staffing needs.